What’s the most important thing you hope your children learn from you?
My hope is that Omari learns how to seek after God for himself and that he will come to have a personal relationship with Christ.
This world is gonna eventually smack him around like it has done all of us, but for me my relationship with God keeps me grounded, it keeps me from being completely shaken and broken. I hope as he is growing up, and when the trials of the world come he can remember seeing me fight…. Not with my own strength but with the strength of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I just want to say… going on a trip with children is not for the faint of heart lol
Shoutout to all the moms who are traveling with their kids this summer!
Packing all the kids clothes (and yours), getting the kids on the plane or in the car, being on snack duty, planning all the activities and having the energy to keep up with the kids!
I see you mom! We see each other! in my Nene Leakes voice LOL
Here are some tips others gave me that I put into practice.
1. Bring lots of snacks!
2. Download shows from YouTube and Netflix onto some sort of device
3. Have a bag where you have easy access to diapers/pull ups and wipes (I did have to handle a poop situation 😩🥲🤣). Also have easy access to your ID and birth certificates for the little ones
4. If you are traveling with a stroller practice breaking it down quickly and possible with one hand. You will have to do this through security and at the gate (possibly even to get in a shuttle around the airport)
5. Give Zyrtec before the flight to help with ear popping (other medications work as well; please google)
Some other tips I got, but didn’t have to use were
1. Bringing snacks for the adults as well!
2. For older kids bring gum or gummy candy to help with ear popping
3. Small activities to keep kids busy such as small coloring books
4. A change of clothes for each kid. (I forgot this but luckily I didn’t need it… don’t be like me… bring the extra set lol)
5. Have kids in matching colors and possibly light up shoes to make them easier to track